Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Amen to that.

The Daily Bible Verse : Email Edition December 3rd, 2009

Psalm 119:37
NIV Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.

This Scripture has more importance in our day than ever. How we guide our eyes in a visual age makes all the difference to the wellbeing of our souls. Worthless things surround us. The sensuality of this culture is so obvious that it doesn't need much explanation. But there are many worthless things that are not so obvious. How many hours have we wasted on the internet? Look at our habits when we have a television remote in our hand. What did it take to get to the 42nd level in that video game? Many times the key to cultivating the best in us does not occur during the work week, but how we handle our leisure time. To make God's words a priority during our down time will preserve our lives from worthless distractions.
The commentary is from The Daily Bible Verse that I get every morning in my inbox. 


I have saved this Daily Bible Verse since 2009. And I read it all the time to remind myself to stop with the every day hustle and bustle of this world. To stop spending time on things that really do not matter in the end. To spend time worshiping God. To spend my time wisely doing things He would be proud of. To honor him with my time and the things I do here on earth. 
I just wanted to share this with you and encourage you to stop and think of how you spend your time. 


1 comment:

With Love, Jamie said...

Love this one, such a perfect & wonderful reminder! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...