Friday, April 15, 2011

30 day post challenge {Day 7}

 DAY 7: a picture of your most treasured item. 

This question can be tricky. I guess it depends on how you view what "most treasured" really means. There are a lot of things that we own that I would not want to live without, but I don't think it really goes into the "treasured" category. For instance, our car. Not even just our particular car, but just having an automobile in general. There was a time when both James and my cars were in the shop and it was probably one of the most challenging 2 weeks of our life together. Another one would be my photo albums. We have about 5 albums FULL of photos and there was a lot of time spent creating scrapbooks to place them in. However, I know I can always buy a new car if something happen to the one we have and I have put all of our photos on website picture hosting accounts, so if I ever lost my photo albums, I could reprint them and make new ones.

 I don't really think that Items/Material things are necessarily all that important to me. I guess it's because I  know that they can always be replaced.  I am not someone who holds onto things for very long and I don't find very many "things" to be of sentimental value. Unlike, my darling husband who seems to link a memory with everything and loves to hold on to it. We have tons of boxes of just "stuff." Which, btw, he is working on that.
I find value mainly in people, places and events.  But if I had to choose just one actual ITEM, it would be my wedding ring. The meaning of my ring is so special, it shows the commitment James and I have made to one another and the never ending bond that we share. It serves as a promise to one another and to God. I mean, I know my ring can be replaced if it was lost or stolen (James lost his wedding ring within the first 6 months of our marriage and we had to replace it) so it is not so much the actual ring itself, but what it represents.
I don't have an actual good picture of my wedding ring, but here is a picture of us exchanging our rings at our wedding. 



Edit:
 Here is a picture of our rings


day 01 - a picture of yourself with ten facts
day 02 - a picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
day 03 - a picture of the cast from your favorite show
day 04 - a picture of your night
day 05 - a picture of your favorite memory
day 06 - a picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
day 07 - a picture of your most treasured item
day 08 - a picture that makes you laugh
day 09 - a picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
day 10 - a picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
day 11 - a picture of something you hate
day 12 - a picture of something you love
day 13 - a picture of your favorite band or artist
day 14 - a picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
day 15 - a picture of something you want to do before you die
day 16 - a picture of someone who inspires you
day 17 - a picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
day 18 - a picture of your biggest insecurity
day 19 - a picture and a letter
day 20 - a picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
day 21 - a picture of something you wish you could forget
day 22 - a picture of something you wish you were better at
day 23 - a picture of your favorite book
day 24 - a picture of something you wish you could change
day 25 - a picture of your day
day 26 - a picture of something that means a lot to you
day 27 - a picture of yourself and a family member
day 28 - a picture of something you're afraid of
day 29 - a picture that can always make you smile
day 30 - a picture of someone you miss



BTW, DON'T FORGET TO ENTER INTO MY GIVEAWAY! You have until April 20th to Enter!


♥ Michelle

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love this post!
I agree with you - material things can be replaced - for me....it's all about the photos...I would cry hysterically if I lost all my photos :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...