Monday, May 2, 2011

30 day post {Day 18}

Day 18 - a picture of your biggest insecurity.
When I first here the word insecurity, I think of something physical. Like, my legs are so white and usually have bruises on them that I hate showing them. Or how I am insecure that I STILL breakout at the age of 26 and it seems like no matter what I do, make up just won't cover it up. Or how my hair is always so frizzy and I still can't seem to figure out how to get those baby hairs framing my face to keep the hair color in that I dye it. Or how none of my pre pregnancy clothes fit the same on  my now post pregnancy body.

Then I realize that they are just small insecurities that I really don't let get to me for more than 5 minutes. The real insecurity that I have that I deal with the most is being a MOM. I feel there is so much responsibility in raising a little one. Not only the physical aspect of making sure they are clean, fed and watched with a careful eye, but also how to raise them with morals and to love God with all they have. Sometimes I am so nervous that how I am as a parent will directly effect what the future will hold for her and how I will play a part in the person she will become.



What I really need to be doing is trusting that God will give me the tools and confidence that I need to be the parent He needs me to be for her. I need to let the insecurity go and do my best to love and nurture her the best way I know how. Oh ya, and give her tons and tons of kisses and cuddles.

30 Day Challenge

day 01 - a picture of yourself with ten facts
day 02 - a picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
day 03 - a picture of the cast from your favorite show
day 04 - a picture of your night
day 05 - a picture of your favorite memory
day 06 - a picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
day 07 - a picture of your most treasured item
day 08 - a picture that makes you laugh
day 09 - a picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
day 10 - a picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
day 11 - a picture of something you hate
day 12 - a picture of something you love
day 13 - a picture of your favorite band or artist
day 14 - a picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
day 15 - a picture of something you want to do before you die
day 16 - a picture of someone who inspires you
day 17 - a picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
day 18 - a picture of your biggest insecurity
day 19 - a picture and a letter
day 20 - a picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
day 21 - a picture of something you wish you could forget
day 22 - a picture of something you wish you were better at
day 23 - a picture of your favorite book
day 24 - a picture of something you wish you could change
day 25 - a picture of your day
day 26 - a picture of something that means a lot to you
day 27 - a picture of yourself and a family member
day 28 - a picture of something you're afraid of
day 29 - a picture that can always make you smile
day 30 - a picture of someone you miss



♥ Michelle

10 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I totally understand what you mean! My mom always told me that as long as I'm doing everything with love, I'm probably doing it right :)

Adriana said...

cutest pic ever!!

Rebecca said...

i couldnt agree more. In fact, I was shopping today for some post pregnancy clothes and spent all of about 5 minutes overwhelmed by the form of my new body, but that feeling fades away. The deep and true insecurity in my heart that i need to work through is "do i have what it takes to love and care for this sweet new life the way she needs?" its a big thing, but so rewarding and fulfilling.

Unknown said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!
P.S You make me want more tattoos. Now! :)

Virginia P said...

Love Love LOVE the picture of you and Chloe!

I never knew some of this. Even though you are my sister and I should. It's great learning about you still = D

Love you!

Callie said...

I feel the same way! It's such a huge responsibility to raise a child, because as a Christian, I want to do everything I can to raise them up "in the way they should go". . .
And I can totally relate to the white legs thing. Ugh.

Denise said...

I completely know where you are coming from! I feel the exact same way! I just pray and hope that I am rasing my little Ezri the way she needs me to! But I know with God guiding me I know she will turn out as awesome as i hope she will be!

BTW You are such an AMAZING MOM!!!!

Olivia Grace said...

I totally know what you mean! It's so hard as mothers to have these feelings but also know that we have to be strong for our daughters. Love your sweet blog, your daughter is precious!

She Said... said...

It is so nice to know that other moms out there have the same feeling. I love the mommy blogger community and I am so blessed to have blogger friends like you and to now that I am not in this alone! Thanks for all the encouraging words and great advice. Love you all!

mom said...

from what i have seen so far you are a great mom. And I know you will do what is needed for her. Love you very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...