Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Easy Sewing Projects?

So I have had a sewing machine for 2 years. I even have this awesome sewing book that my mother in law gave me (she is a sewing queen!). However, I really don't have all that much time to learn how to sew. And reading books on it doesn't really do it for me. I need to actually just DO it. Practice, practice, practice. So I am trying to find easy sewing projects to learn from.
I have already made  bow ties for onsies and head bows and flowers that I put on headbands for Chloe and myself. You can view my post about them here.



I am also going to be making a pillowcase dress for Chloe here very soon. She has two that her memaw made her and even though one is too short now, she uses it as a top all the time. I love them, they are super cute and easy to put on her and they seem to last a lot longer than most of the clothes in her closet (some of them she hasn't even gotten to try on yet and we know have to box them up!)


Does anyone else have any fun and easy sewing projects that I can learn from? I know I can always turn to YouTube, that's where I learned how to knit! What were some of your first patterns or projects that you attempted when learning to sew?


5 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Not really a "little" project, but super easy and beautiful are baby rag doll quilts. My mother-in-law and I started sewing them in February, with no sewing exerience at all and have now made 5. You can mess up terribly and they still look wonderful

Heather @ Family Friendly Frugality said...

You are such a CUTE family! We love that pillowcase dress on my Lizzie! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Danielle said...

Pillowcase dress is easy and super cute! love making them!

She Said... said...

I will definitely have to show you how it turns out! I am hoping to make some dresses this weekend and I will be looking into the Baby rag doll quilts!

Also, anyone have any amazing YouTube videos on sewing they would like to share?

Kate said...

I have to agree the pillow case dress seems pretty easy. Not that i've done it but, some people i know have! I love those little onsies with the bow. Makes me want a little girl! haha great job!

In our sea of love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...