Monday, November 7, 2011

More truths about myself...

I will be partaking in the 100 truths/ Sunday Confessional thing that Deanna from Delirious Rhapsody has going on. I would love for you to participate too so that I can get to know you a little more!

100 Truths - I will give 10 random truths/facts about myself each week.

11. I have never broken a bone in my life. I am as clumsy as they come, I wake up with new bruises on a daily basis. However, I somehow had made it through life so far with not a single broken bone. Luck is all I can attribute this too...


12. I am a horrible cook. I would love to know how to cook, but I just really don't have the time nor energy to learn something like that right now.  I burn grilled cheese sandwiches and pancakes, for goodness sakes. I can make some good hamburger helper though.... I do eventually want to take cooking classes, it looks like it would be a ton of fun. And I would love to experiment with different foods and maybe open up my pallet more. I can say this, even though I am bad at cooking, I did win 2nd place for a mashed potatoes contest at work and 3rd place for a best dessert contest at work, that's gotta count for something!


13. I am the oldest in my family out of my generation. I am the oldest of my siblings and all of my cousins. I think that is why I am such a "mother hen", that and the fact that I would have to play "mom" while my mom was on west pack with the Navy when I was younger too.

14. I am the first and only (so far) in my entire family to get a degree from college. You think I could have gotten a scholarship or something for that. It was a pretty big feat for me. My younger sister is in college now and will hopefully get her degree soon.The sad thing is, I didn't end up "walking" and going to the graduation ceremony because I was on a celebratory flight to Hawaii instead. I do regret not going to the ceremony.

15. I had a black tooth when I was younger. There are family pictures and everything to prove it. I slipped and fell in the bathtub when i was little and hit my mouth pretty hard. The impact killed all the nerve endings in that tooth, causing it to "die" and turn black. It was my front right tooth too, so no hiding that.

16. I really really dislike cats. Sure kittens are cute and cuddly, until they attack you out of nowhere with there razor sharp claws and lick you with there sandpaper tongue. They even hurt you by "kneading" you when they are happy. What kind of sadistic animal is this? I think I really dislike them because we had a cat who was the spawn of the devil, really. If I even blinked, the cat would come out of its hidden spot and try to attack my face.

17. My favorite book of all time is Little Women. I read it when I was in 5th grade and had read it often throughout growing up. It still makes me cry when Beth dies, every time. I even bought a fancy copy with a ribbon place mark, gold rimmed pages and everything.

18. I played softball for 9 years when I was younger. I was all about softball and even played on the special winter leagues. I stopped because of family problems at home, but I wonder how far I could have gotten with it. I really did love playing. 

19. I get terribly sea/motion sickness. That probably added to my horrible morning sickness when I was pregnant with Chloe. I get headaches and throw up and the works. We purposefully avoid the winding roads and if we have to take them, I take crackers and water and try to sleep the whole way. Dramamine definitely helps.


20. I love Mexican food. I mean love it. I love it so much I would marry it.  We eat it at least twice a week in my house. I am always down to go to a taco shop. It helps we live right by the border and have amazing Mexican food. My favorites are enchiladas, tamales and California burritos. 


Will you all leave a comment with one random fact about you???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

omg we have so much in common, I also have never broken a bone, am the oldest in the fam, hate cats, cant cook, love mexican food, and played softball when i was younger, not as long as you, but for a few years :)

Callie said...

Oh, we love Mexican food too. Derek is a Mexican food snob, so we know all the restaurants around here that have " real" Mexican food!
Hmm, random fact about me. . .well, I was homeschooled ( loved it), and I'm slightly double jointed in both my elbows!

Anonymous said...

Im having a fun time reading these. Here's a random fact: When i was a kid, Im pretty sure I had a sleeping problem. I'd fall sleep anywhere at any time. I often fell asleep on the bus home from school and missed my stop. I'd often wake up to an empty bus!!

hey lovely lady, do u have twitter?

Breanne said...

i as well hate cats, am the oldest, and love, love, love mexican food. Our town has more mexican restaurants than I can count.

hm...random fact: I was born with an extra bone and had to have it removed when I was in middle school.

Unknown said...

I loved your comment about the cats! It made me laugh and it is SOO true, I had a cat that I swear was posessed, no more kitties for this lady! One random fact....I love to be good at EVERYTHING but have yet to be GREAT at one thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...