Sunday, May 6, 2012

36 weeks


I am now only 1 week away from being "full term". I can't believe how FAST this pregnancy has flown by. Probably because I have been trying my hardest to keep up with my little toddler that I haven't had the time to just sit and wait for E to be here. I remember with Chloe it felt like the pregnancy lasted for-ev-er. With Emery, I feel like I haven't had enough time to fully prepare quite yet.


As of right now, I am still considered to have placenta previa. I have my last ultrasound on May 16th to determine if I will be allowed to try to have the baby naturally or if I have to have a c-section. God has really moved in my heart. He has given me a great sense of peace about the situation. He has shown me his promise to be there no matter what and this is all a part of His plan. I am resting in His decision as to what is to come of this birth. I would love to be able to delivery naturally, but I will not be heartbroken if I can't. God is so good and I trust in Him so much.

Baby has been movin' and groovin' so much! She is particularly awake around 9 in the morning and 9-11 at night. Hopefully that is a pattern of sleep she will easily slip into when she comes into this big world. Even though I know that is  We have some friends who fed their newborn every 2 hours during the day so that the baby slept through the entire night. Wouldn't that be grand? I am going to meet up with them soon to hear all there tips and tricks. Of course, no matter how hard you try, baby has a personality all her own and I will have to succumb to her schedule, at least for the first month or so.

We have been trying to get Chloe to comprehend there will be a big change coming soon. We are soaking up as much alone time as we can get with her. I show her my belly and tell her there is a baby in there. She just laughs and pokes my belly button. She really loves belly buttons right now. We decided to get her a gift to help with the big change. We are moving things around and setting up our small patio for a play area for her. We are getting a small kitchenette for her and putting her table and chairs out there and setting it all up really cute. We will even get her a small shopping cart too. She is going to love it. Plus, it will help when she stays home with me on my maternity leave to have a special play area while I am taking care of Emery.

So many people are telling me that it looks like I am carrying a boy because I am so high. Which then makes me want to double check when I have the ultrasound in 2 weeks. I just feel like if I end up having a boy, I will have to get to know my baby all over again because it is someone I was not expecting at all. And then I will have to run out and get boy clothes or this baby will always be mistaken for a girly girl. James likes to tease me and say he thinks Emery is a HE. ahhh! Just FYI, you should NOT do that to someone who only has 4 weeks left! Now I have dreams about having a boy and bringing him home from the hospital in a dress. It's ridiculous.


3 comments:

Danielle Koivisto said...

so beautiful mom! hope everything gonna be ok with you and baby :) good luck! kisses

Keri-Anne said...

you look radiant! how exciting. i hope the next scan goes ok and you get the answers you might be hoping for.
xxx

morgan said...

sweetest photos ever! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...